Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Keep Your Fingers Crossed


So, yesterday I had my interview at Lucky magazine. I was a lot more nervous than I was expecting to be. But I guess that's okay because it keeps you on your toes.

I was worried that I was going to arrive at the interview all smelly and sweaty because the city was scorching. But luckily I packed everything under the sun to keep me looking presentable.

The Conde Nast building is awesome (above). Very beautiful. I just honestly wish it wasn't in Time Square (I'm sorry, it's just the crowds in Time Square can get a little old). But when I arrived, I was pumped and ready to go.

I was surprised that the woman I was waiting to interview with, Rebecca Aronson, was waiting for me outside the elevators, but it was also a relief because finding where to go can sometimes be confusing. We sat down on these couches in the lobby and we jumped right into it.

Again, like always, I stumbled on the "tell  me about yourself" question. If that wasn't bad enough, she asked me why I wanted to be at a magazine. It seems simple, but to me it was like "why wouldn't I want to be at a magazine?". I explained the creativity these magazines supplied me with. I explained how they were great resources for girls who want to find their style and confidence in themselves. I also told her how Lucky was the first magazine I ever subscribed to. 

I also told her about this lovely blog I have, (maybe you've heard of it ;-) ). She really liked that I have this...as do I!! lol. All  in all, I felt that interview went really well although it was a bit brief. All I had to do next was send her some references.

I sent her contact info to Lisa at Marie Claire and Brett at Levi's. So far I have heard back from Lisa that she has already spoken to Rebecca, which I really appreciate!!

I hope to hear from her soon and when I do I'll be sure to post it (unless I don't get it...).
Keep your fingers crossed for me!!

x0x0 

No comments: