Monday, July 6, 2009

It Was Only A Matter of Time....

So, as I was scanning my daily visit to Fashionista.com, I saw their entry about this and I felt I need to voice my opinion on the matter.

Wasn't I just saying it would be just a matter of time before Miley was in a fashion spread?? She did one up: she landed the cover.

Miley Cyrus is in fact the cover girl of the August issue of Elle. My initial reaction is the obvious one: appalled. But if you take a minute longer to study her photo (as I did), you can at least appreciate the duds that she is rocking and the way she is styled.

Obviously this isn't her personal style and that wonderful stylists over at Elle put this ensemble together for her. But the truly amazing thing about this is that she doesn't look like a little girl playing dress up in her chic mommy's clothing like I thought she would. Also, she looks like a natural beauty, which she is, and appears to have a more adult look, rather than the usual appeal to the younger crowd.

Don't get me wrong, I like Miley and really respect her as an influential role model to young girls everywhere. But I never thought of her as a trend setting fashionista and don't know if I ever could, regardless of the cover. Then again, who would've thought that the Olsen twins would be such huge icons in fashion back when they were doing "Full House" and "The New Adventures of Mary-Kate and Ashley"; (you know, the ones where they are detectives). But look at them now! 

So, ya never know about Miss Miley. Perhaps 5 years from now she'll be sitting front row at Paris Fashion week right next to the Olsens. Ya never know...

No comments: