Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Smooth Moove Bazaar.....

So I almost missed the newest issue of Harper's Bazaar. (I know....how could I, right?) You see, it seemed camouflaged with all the gossip rags and tabloids, because low and behold...who's on the cover? The Twilight costars and lovers, Kristen Stuart and Robert Pattinson.
Now it's no secret that this magazine hasn't been doing well in the shaky industry of fashion publications. So, at first glance, I was like "you've got to be f**king kidding me," (because I for one am sick of seeing their faces on....well...EVERYTHING) but then I thought about it for a hot sec. I realized that this was a brilliant and strategic move. What better way to get your publications sold? They will be off the stands before you can say "New Moon." Smart thinking, Glenda.

Another plus: nowhere on the cover does it say "Fabulous At Every Age", let alone being the main headline. I think Bazaar finally got the hint that they were beating a dead horse. It's definitely a breath of fresh air.

No comments: