Sunday, November 29, 2009

Belated Holiday Greetings!

Hey everyone!
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I didn't bring my laptop home with me this weekend so here is my belated greeting:
So cute right??

Anyways, I had a great Thanksgiving, and I definitely ate too much! (Gunna try to slim down before Christmas and my birthday...just a few pounds at least!).

And what is the best part of Thanksgiving, with the exception of the food of course?: Black Friday!
I woke up at 3 am on Friday after sleeping over my best friend Caly's house. We dragged ourselves out of bed and threw clothes on. We then got coffee from Dunkin Donuts and headed to Kohls. Now keep this in mind: I had only a list of people to buy for. I had no idea what I was getting them.

We got to Kohl's around 3:50am and we headed toward the building, noting the huge line going down the parking lot. People started yelling at us and others who weren't getting in line. We didn't want to walk all the way to the end of the line just to walk up to the building again, but we also didn't want to cut everyone (we're not bitches lol). So we waited until the entire line went into the building when it opened then went in.
Boy was it a mad house in there.
Caly needed some specific stuff so we went looking for that and I found some stuff on the way. I ran into some people from high school and middle school which was nice but also a little embarrassing because I looked like hell with no make up and crappy hair. (People, you have to understand...it was 4 am..lol)
After our rendezvous at Kohls we went across the street to the mall. The line from target went all the way down one side of the mall and started to loop back again. While we waited for it to open, (and for the line to die down), we killed time in Sears and Macy's. We then went into Target and got a few items, then we made our way to American Eagle and finally ended with Victoria's Secret. We ended our shopping day at 8 am. I went back home and slept until noon.
It was by far the shortest shopping day on Black Friday ever. But hey, we're in a recession.

I hope everyone who braved Black Friday behaved themselves and had fun. People lose track that this is about Christmas and Christmas isn't about getting your child the perfect toy. For those of you who enjoy it for sport, like we do, hats off. It can get brutal.

Love <3

No comments: