Monday, October 26, 2009

Rumors are just that....I hope...



I saw my friend Claudia yesterday who is currently interning at Nylon magazine in the beauty department. I love catching up with her because we are both on the same journey to achieving our dreams in the fashion publication industry.

She told me some disturbing news though. She had heard from her boss at Nylon that Allure may be folding. Now it's no secret that Conde Nast has been going through some hard times. A couple of weeks ago Gourmet, Cookie, Modern Bride, and Elegant Bride all folded. (Trust me I saw it first hand. Lucky's digital studio is on the same floor Cookie was on and one day I went up there and the sign was torn down. It was very sad.)

I'm really hoping that Allure doesn't fold. It may not be my favorite fashion magazine, but I do like it a lot. Also, as this trend continues, my future job options are diminishing. It's really scary.

Also, Claudia told me that Harper's Bazaar may be the next Hearst Publication to fold. If this is true, I may fall into a deep depression.

No comments: