Monday, June 6, 2011

Nail Obsession


I don't know what it is about summer, but since the temperature has been heating up I have been becoming obsessed with the hue of paint I put on my hands and toes. My sudden interest in colors must have something to do with the fact that in the colder months, I usually stick to the dark shades of black, maroon, and grey.

But I have stashed away my dark shades of nail polish and have ventured to the brighter side of the spectrum. Take a look at the polishes I am loving!
This is something that is blowing up in salons everywhere. You start off with a base coat of whatever shade you please. Then you layer a thin coat of the crackle nail polish on top (I chose Sally Hansen's Snow Blast white.) As this top layer dries, it naturally starts to crack giving you a fun polish design that everyone will love.

Brights are a given. Usually I tend to lean toward the neon pinks, however I felt as though they were played out, so I decided to try something new. Orange, bright blues, green, and yellow are a fun pop of color that can sometimes be unexpected. You will always have a taste of summer on the tips of your toes and fingers!

And finally we have metallics. Metallics are a fresh way to experiment with your manicure and pedicure. Silver pops, almost like a white polish. I also enjoy light golds and bronzes, however any metallic with a mixture of an inky blue are fun too.

No comments: