Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Au Revoir Lucky


I am officially a retired Lucky magazine intern.

Friday was my last day and being that my boss Kofi wasn't in, I figured it was going to be a breeze.

I was wrong.

We were incredibly busy. There was a photo shoot going on downtown, so you better believe there were plenty of errands to run. I ran all over mid town picking up samples from designers, quickly checked them in, and the other intern ran them to the shoot. Meanwhile, I was left to do tons of projects including returns, check ins, organization..the works. I was extremely exhausted by the end of the day.

It was a nice reminder though of how far I've come. In the beginning of this semester, when I first started the internship, I was getting pretty hard on myself. Even though I had fashion closet experience, it was a different publication, so things were run differently and I was having a hard time. But before long, I got the grasp of everything. I felt really appreciated on Friday when had to say goodbye to my boss, Becca. She told me that I could contact her for a reference any time and that she thought I did a great job. And you know what? I think I did too.

You have to work hard at what you love to get where you want to be. I'm so tempted to apply for another internship for next semester, now that this one is over, but my schedule won't allow it.

One semester left until I have to look for a job. Let's hope the fashion magazine industry will turn around a little and will be looking for fresh faces, soon.

xoxo

No comments: