Monday, June 2, 2008

I'm Seeing Stars


Again...sorry for the lack of updating....working working working..


No word about whether I got the internship or not, but Garrett said that he is still interviewing so that's good news!! Keep your fingers crossed!!


However, I have been able to distract myself from my anxiousness by getting some great spring/summer shopping in. (Granted...I always shop...no matter what my mood).


I've found that I have been drawn to the spring/summer accessories more so than the clothing. I mean, I have a ton of skirts, tanks, dresses, etc. But what really makes spring/summer staples like those so interchangeable is the trendy accessories that come out each season.


Since I am a college student, obviously I don't buy high end items....but to me, style doesn't matter on how much you pay for your clothing...it's how you put things together and pull them off. Anyway, I mention this because I have been finding some great summer accessories at Express clothing stores. I got a gorgeous pink, black, and gold faux snakeskin clutch and an adorable charm bracelet. (Not to mention an ADORABLE pair of blue Marc Fisher pumps for over 50% off...but I digres,.)


But I have to say, the trend I have noticed to stand out the most (okay, besides the neon) is all of the stars! At Charlotte Russe, not only do we have tops with stars on them, but we also have skirts and leggings! Also, we have been getting a lot of star necklaces and earrings.


Yesterday, at Express, I found an AMAZING star necklace that reminds me of a smaller (and obviously less expensive) version of YSL's star necklace in the picture above. Normally, I am opposed to buying things that could be considered a copy of a designer's work....but honestly...I couldn't resist!


I don't know if the stars are becoming popular because of the summer time and all of the patriotic holidays like Memorial Day and the 4th of July, or what. But I think it is a very cute trend and I'm excited to experiment with it!

No comments: