Monday, June 16, 2008

GLADiator


So..I have to say..I'm loving these spring/summer trends...

Although...to comment about my last post for a moment:

I am getting sick of stars on clothing! I think accessories are cute...and are great if you have one piece on...but i mean we have an ENTIRE section in Charlotte Russe dedicated to this trend... for crying out loud....it's becoming over kill....


but obviously..that's just my opinion.


Any who, like I was saying...most of the s/s 2008 trends are great. One I have really embraced are strappy footwear. I know you are thinking "duh...it's summer...strappies are always in....", but I'm talking about specifically...one of the rising favorites: the gladiator sandal.


It is a tricky look to pull off. I feel that you need a shoe that has this bold look of a warrior but also has a feminine flair such as color or sparkle or a heal, because the gladiator can look too masculine sometimes.


I personally am in love with the shoe above. It's the Nine West Sulliban (comes in black or tan). It's not as gladiatorish as some of Nine West's other shoes...but the hunk of leather and buckles...yum! And I'm DYING to get it.


And trust me...I'll get it. ;-)
Whatever your opinion, this trend has caught on around the country. I see many girls sporting this style of footwear, and quite frankly...I think it's a success.

No comments: