Thursday, June 25, 2009

NYC Prep- Who Do You Think You Are?

So today as I was sitting on the couch, bored out of my skull, I caught myself stuck on Bravo. I had gotten up in Tabatha's Salon Takeover reruns. As an episode ended, I went to change the channel to catch reruns of "Just Shoot Me" (I loooove that show. I mean come on, it's at a fashion magazine!) when I heard Bravo's new show, NYC Prep come on.

I debated to myself, change the channel? Or stay and watch and judge these kids on how shallow and overall ridiculous they are?

I'm still not sure if I made the right choice.

So I decided to watch. And let me just say, if you haven't watched it don't. If you're a Gossip Girl fan and are expecting it to be somewhat like that, you'll be disappointed. And even if you aren't, it is an utter waste of time. 

First off, I really don't like watching kids who are 16 and 17 years old complaining about not getting a perfect score on their SATs. It doesn't matter, little girl, since your family is rich you will get into whatever school you want. Also, it's bad enough watching these adolescent girls run around bragging about how much money they spend and how "status is everything", but to make matters worse you have to watch these basically prepubescent boys trying to get some booty. 

And you know, I thought maybe I would be able to see some cute clothing, and you know what some of it was kind of cute. That Jessie girl had some cute outfits that she had her PERSONAL SHOPPER pick out for her. But I'm sorry, if you want to get into the fashion industry, it's better if you can actually pick out your own clothing. That's just my opinion. 

That Kelli girl looked  cute in her leather jacket, but whatever so does everyone else.

Also, can these girls, especially Camille and Taylor, please invest in a decent hair straightener? I mean, I have curly hair so I know how hard it can be to get your hair super sleek. But I straighten my hair with a Revlon straightener. These young ladies can easily afford a CHI if not better.

So yea, this show is just as superficial as you would imagine, and you can't even enjoy it as trashy TV because it will just make you sick about how these young kids get everything handed to them and feel entitled to everything.

I'm just saying....

No comments: