Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Appalled by Bazaar's Bizarre Cover

I saw this story on fashionista.com and I was mortified. This is in fact the July 2009 cover of Harper's Bazaar. According to Fashionista, this photo of Angelina Jolie is from a red carpet event in December. They continue to say how this cover "reeks of tabloids", however I think it reeks of laziness.

True, Angelina's face tends to draw people in, and like Fashionista mentions, it is a sales trick. Although Angelina is on the cover, there is no interview with the star, like there usually is with the cover women. Instead, there is an article about how women wish to have a life like Ms. Jolie's.

I think this is so lazy on Bazaar's part. You seriously couldn't put someone decent on your cover and actually obtain an interview with them? Is this a result of the economy? Or lack of planning? Whatever it is, I feel like it is a compete waste of an issue, if you ask me.

It really pains me to see and say all of this becaues Harper's Bazaar is my absolute favorite fashion magazine, but truth be told, I'm not sure if I want to buy this issue.

I most likely still will, just for the sake of my collection of fashion mags, but my heart won't be in it.

No comments: