Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Shoes can only make you so happy

I haven't written in here in a few days. I'm sorry about that.

This morning, my best friend's boyfriend died. And it is in times like these when you realize how trivial some things are in your life.

I will be the first to admit that I can sometimes be a brat when it comes to not getting what I want. I'm only human, just like I'm sure I'm not the only one who turns to material items sometimes when I'm upset.

I'm also that girl who puts on all her make up everyday, puts on a cute and trendy outfit, and finishes off the look with stilettos or some sort of cute shoes. FOR CLASS.

But today, when I received the horrible news, I didn't turn to my shoe rack to get my heels, or the cute outfit I had laid out the night before that took me a while to decide on. No. I turned to my T-shirt drawer, threw on a pair of jeans, and grabbed the flats off of my floor.

I took the hair tie that was around my wrist and threw my hair into a low, messy ponytail and ran out the door with my bare face.

As much as I love fashion, at the end of the day, it's not the most important thing in the world. It's the industry I want to become a part of, don't get me wrong, but when that day comes, when you feel like your time is running out, I'm not going to be thinking about that handbag I didn't get, I will be thinking about the people I love.

There's nothing wrong with retail therapy...but when it comes down to it, I know there are more important things to cry over than a pair of designer heels that aren't in my size.


RIP- Anthony

No comments: