Monday, May 5, 2008

Goodbye To You...


Well, school is over.
And the end of school means the end of my internship at Levi Strauss and Co.
This internship was probably the best internship I could've asked for to be my first experience in the fashion industry.
When I first started at Levi's, I was afraid that I would be considered the scum of the Earth and made to do assistant work, like go on coffee runs.
But I was put to work, learning the Levi's products, learning what to look for for certain magazines or stylists.
My bosses could have been as bitchy and vial as Meryl Streap depicted in "The Devil Wears Prada". That's truly what I expected walking into this industry. But my bosses proved that you don't have to be an arrogant person in order to be successful in the fashion industry.
I am truly lucky to have had an incredible experience at Levi's like this. I have a great knowledge of the industry, though I still have A LOT more to learn. I have a great source now to further myself into this industry and hopefully that's exactly what I'll do.
I am going to miss working at Levi's, not just because of the free jeans, but because it was such a comfortable yet progressive learning experience and I constantly felt like I was living my dream.

No comments: