Monday, September 7, 2009

Quick Update!

Happy Labor Day! I hope you are all enjoying your day off!!

Hey guys. Sorry I have been out of touch for a while. My computer has a TON of viruses and is being worked on. So here I am on my roommate's laptop.

I am currently watching the newest episode of the Rachel Zoe Project. She is dressing Liv Tyler with everyday pieces. I love it.

While watching this I saw the commercial for The September Issue and it comes out on September 11th! I can't wait!!! (I never thought I'd say that about that date...)

As far as everything at Lucky Magazine is concerned: I went in on Friday and discovered this thing called "summer Fridays". I guess during the summer, people let their employees/interns out very early in the day. Being that it was the Friday before Labor Day, it was the last Friday of the summer. This means I got out at 1pm. Basically it took me was longer to commute than  the hours I was at the magazine. Oh well! Not complaining!

I also met a fellow intern there name Alyssa. She works with me in the fashion closet with the accessories and she is a super sweetheart. Her and the 2 jewelry interns I met all go to FIT. When we were at an intern meeting I had to admit that I go to school on Staten Island. Sorry, but I get embarrassed admitting that I go to Wagner and am on SI. I should've gone to FIT, what can I say? However, I definitely think I make the best of my situation here.

I digress. Alyssa and I spent the day sending back a billion samples and checking a billion more samples in. I got to meet the Accessories Director and she was super sweet. (When I told her I was from Staten Island, she told me how she nearly got killed on the ferry. I wasn't surprised.) The Assistant Editors were also very sweet and they were all encouraging for us to ask them any questions we have and to always go to them for help.

So far all is well at Lucky. I definitely am glad I am doing this internship. I love being a part of the industry, regardless of how stressed I may get. It's truly what I love and each day that I experience this I feel as though I am one step closer to achieving my dream.

xoxo

No comments: